antlion

Tuesday, March 21, 2017

DXM + Bupropion

I'm mining this post for reports. This one is pretty short and straightforward. I had just been prescribed a higher dose of my medication, Bupropion. I was now taking 450 mg a day, and the effects on my sober life were pretty apparent with light visuals and a general feeling of spaciness and hypomania. This would be the first night I would realize its enzyme-inhibiting properties and how that affects the DXM experience. At the time however, I had no idea what was going on. I also met my girlfriend for the first time during the course of this report... If yr reading, I love you v much <333
Sorry it's so short and sorry there are no timestamps. My recollection of the experience was very foggy and episodal. 

The report has been edited slightly from its original version.

Age: 19
Weight: 135 lbs
Dose: 200 mg DXM, 450 mg Bupropion
Setting: My friend's house

Take 200 mg of DXM at a party, it is mixed into a bottle of ginger ale. The drink is bitter and gives me chills. It is pretty nasty, but definitely bearable and about as drinkable as hard alcohol. For about an hour I am coming up, I am feeling definite dissociation and a general spaciness. Around the comeup, my memory begins to blank and fall away. Everything feels very distant, it is like everything that is more than 5 feet away has just been swirled and blurred into abyssal nonsense. I think I am visibly intoxicated, moreso than anyone else there. One of the people who lives at the house offers me to chill out in her room, probably because I was talking about the visions I got from closing my eyes. Also my eyes had turned deep deep blood red, more than anyone gets from being stoned, it probably looked very off. These visions included:
A procession of strange geometric alien figures, marching on a bridge between two mountains. They are strange solid pastel colors. Some have eyes or discernable features, but they all have strong right angles and straight lines, as if they have been molded or produced. I am merely a witness to these visions, I do not interact with them. I am a stationary camera watching them from afar.
A huge detailed ship crawls across my vision. It feels like a spaceship, because its just kinda floating in empty abyss, but there is definitely an open deck on top, which would make no sense in space. There are canopied spaces and all variety of boxes and clutter on the deck. It is very washed out and dark and gloomy seeming, the entire vision is washed out. 
I end up in the basement of the house somehow. I don't remember much of what I was doing down here until people came down to visit me. I felt like I had been trying to fall into a trance, to tap back into that deeper world, but I was coming down. I lamented that the universe of dextromethorphan had now closed its gates to me. One vision towards the end that I recall was a landscape with dead trees. I don’t remember too much of this one, other than a blue glow on the horizon.


The next morning I feel very spacey and dissociated. This feeling lasts all day, it is like I was just high and slightly dissociated when I woke up. This doesn’t wear off until I have been awake for about 12 hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment