antlion

Tuesday, September 20, 2016

Hallucinogenic toolkit

In another post, I outline the potential for hallucinogens to be used to augment the mind in all variety of ways- recreational, therapeutic, utilitarian, etc etc. Because of the subjectivity of drug experiences and not much study towards codifying some universal objective idea of the experience, refining the unique properties of each drug to achieve desired effects can be challenging. One has to understand themselves and understand the properties of these drugs to properly assess them and assess the unique ways they could benefit oneself. Unfortunately, this requires testing a lot of psychedelics, not something I would recommend to anyone. Perhaps one day, studies will be done to figure out the exact neurological activity that creates a psychedelic experience and people will be able to quantify and objectively describe whatever aspects of the experience they can. From there the experiences can be defined and refined to serve specific purposes. On the other hand, perhaps there is no mathematical objectivity to these experiences, (in which case trying to establish some framework of functional hallucinogenic use can be very problematic), and we are doomed to guesswork. For now I guess this is an activity only for the dedicated and functioning psychonauts.
Pretty much, this is my psychedelic toolkit. If I could have a lifetime supply of all of these, my augmented future would be set. (Unless I go overboard with that much access to drugs, perhaps I need to develop more self discipline). These are the ones that I think serve essential beneficial functions without too many negative effects. If you're a psychonaut with the goal of augmenting reality, I think it would be useful to put a version of this list together for yourself. Think of it as your own version of Shulgin's "Magical Half Dozen" (2 of the 3 I've tried have made me irredeemably sick lol).

(see also my summarizing of the substances more... 'poetically'??)

LSD- In my life, LSD represents the sort of default psychedelic. It is the basis and progenitor of all my psychedelic experiences, and in my mind almost all of them end up being compared to the standard of LSD in some form or another. This works particularly well because LSD can induce an absurd variety of experiences, lending it the ability to be compared with pretty much every other psychedelic.
In mixers: Could become literally anything, depends on what else is mixed in. Adds raw psychedelic power, forms a pure psychedelic foundation for any trip.

4-AcO-DMT- For if I want a deeper, more profound, more intuitive, more meditative, and somewhat less functional experience (and don't want to deal with the length or cosmic chaos of a hefty acid trip). Also for a more 'organic' experience that grounds me with the earth.
In mixers: Adding an organic and profound aspect to the experience with substantial intensity.

4-HO-MET- For if I want a deeper and more introspective experience with an analytical and objective connection to my emotions. Another one for meditating at home, not as functional.
In mixers: Adding a distinctly powerful introspective component.

4-HO-MiPT- For if I want the organic and introspective tryptamine experience without too much intensity. For if I want to enhance certain activities with the tryptamine glitter while still being entirely functional.
In mixers: Adding a neutral baseline tryptamine edge that isn't too intense, adding flowery visuals and giggliness

5-APDB- For if I want intense empathogenic effects and an intimate connection with those around me. I prefer this to MDMA as it is substantially less stimulating and fiend-y, longer lasting, and has a more of a psychedelic and visual component to it.
In mixers: Adding a mood boost, empathogenic and social aspect, or to stormproof a mix from turning sour.

2C-B- For if I want to enhance an experience with prominent visuals and cool psychedelic warmth but remain relatively lucid or functional.
In mixers: Adds visuals and the most manageable psychedelic headspace with stimulation.

2C-C- For if I want to enhance an experience with visuals and a body buzz without any stimulation. Also leaves me relatively lucid and functional.
In mixers: Same as above but minus the stimulating aspect, with a slightly more intense headspace.

2C-I- For if I want to enhance the functionality of my body and force myself to complete certain tasks. To just become more functional overall.
In mixers: Puts me in tune with my body and leaves me more coordinated and better in control of it.

DXM- For if I want to make a trip deeply disturbing and unnerving, to add a dissociative edge with some creepiness. This always melds with psychedelics in the most uncomfortable ways and is valuable for imparting knowledge of the less savory functions of the mind.
In mixers: Makes things creepy and unnerving. Only for situations where I want to explore darker parts of the consciousness.

Ketamine- Pretty much the default dissociative, gives me short acting dissociation that can be a boost to any trip.
In mixers: Adding an element of pure dissociation that won't tarnish the trip with a personality of its own. Useful for its short duration too.

MXE- If I want to add a dissociative with a bit more personality that will not only add to a trip, but grab its reins and transport it to another world. Seems to have infinite depths to explore. (RIP)
In mixers: Adding a colorful unique brand of dissociation that will meld its own world with any trip currently being experienced.

3-MeO-PCP- A manic and functional dissociative that can be useful for dragging myself out of inactivity. Enhances any experience and also allows for really neat dream exploration and meditation.
In mixers: Adding an energetic manic edge that is mentally dissociating, can distract from certain brands of unsavory introspection or overanalysis.

3-MeO-PCE- One of the most meditative and insightful dissociatives I have taken. Incredibly useful for sinking into a deep sensory deprived meditative space.
In mixers: Allows for deep meditation on any subject, in a mixer it would likely sink the trip into that infinite beautiful space.

1 comment:

  1. heya, love your blog! do you have any plans to update your toolkit?

    ReplyDelete