antlion

Friday, April 14, 2017

A note on the use of cannabis

Hello,
I figure I would just make a quick post to address something-
If you read my reports, you will notice that in literally almost all of them, I smoke cannabis. Now you may say

"This corrupts the experience!"
"This ruins the purity of each substance!"
"This skews all the reports!"

These are all valid complaints! In general, cannabis can be seen as heavily altering the nature of a drug induced hallucinogenic experience, intensifying it and shifting it in all sorts of directions. However, in my opinion, this heavily depends on the individual, I've seen a wide spectrum of reactions in others and in contrast to myself.
Cannabis can safely be labeled as a potentiating agent. As far as dissociatives and psychedelics go, cannabis will intensify the experience, and if used while coming down from the peak, cannabis can bring a return to the peak. Now the purist may say "You are getting high while tripping, there is no coalescence, this is a combination of drugs". I would say in most cases, absolutely yes.
However for myself, I have found that may not be the case. In trials using the same substances with / without cannabis, cannabis seems to merely intensify the other drug I have dosed without coloring the experience too much on its own or altering the nature of the experience. This is entirely from my perspective and does not universally apply. Simply put, cannabis functions purely as an agent to intensify my hallucinogenic experiences and temper the bodily effects, with no discernible contribution of its own. I frequently smoke cannabis in my day to day life, and this habit continues into the times when I am altered by hallucinogens.

This is just how it is for me, maybe it's just me trying to justify that I love to smoke weed and that I find myself doing it all the time while on hallucinogens. That's not how it is for everyone, and if you are a part of the demographic who never smokes while tripping, take heed that in my reports, the addition of cannabis is a decidedly neutral potentiation, and should not be regarded as a combination experience. I honestly believe that if you are someone who doesn't use cannabis while tripping, you can selectively ignore all mentions of it and still get the same overall idea of my experience with each substance. Perhaps there is some quantifiable pharmacological way to determine the objective truth in this situation, but as far as I'm concerned, cannabis simply enhances the pre-existing experience. It feels like pure enhancement and potentiation to me, that is my perception, and based on that paradigm, that is why I feel comfortable using it in my experiences and including it in my reports while still considering each report a functional standard for each substance for the interested reader.

2 comments:

  1. I have to ask, are you in any way inspired by Hamilton Morris from Vice? I have no idea what you look or sound like but after reading almost all of your reports, you are imagined in my head as a shorter Hamilton Morris lol.

    If I sound crazy and you have never heard of him which I doubt, google him and watch his documentaries on various psychedelics, they are very similar to yours in that he formats them in an introspective narrative.

    Anyhow, I very much enjoy the reports and look forward to future ones and you have inspired me not only to write, but to someday obtain deschloroketamine and enter that hole lol.

    Sincerely -Andrue (Psychedalienation on Bluelight Forums)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not consciously, perhaps subconciously as I have watched his stuff. To be honest I do bear a slight superficial resemblance to him, at least in being tall and thin. He is a great deal smarter and well-read than I am though :P

      Thank you for the kind words ! It's quite heartwarming to hear I've inspired others to write reports, anytime people tell me of their interesting experiences with hallucinogens I encourage them to do so~

      Delete