antlion

Thursday, December 8, 2022

POxP

 Age: 26

Weight: 130 lbs

Dosage: 350 mg oral

Setting: My house

 

POxP is a complete novelty that I had the pleasure of being one of the first people in history to try, with no prior documentation either in literature or in the realm of online research chemical users. POxP was a suggestion born out of the very similar PThP, which was mentioned in a bluelight thread where a user claimed to have seen the compound PThP mentioned as being active as an NMDA antagonist in an article published in the European Journal of Medical Chemistry. No one was able to recover this article, though the suggestion it bore- of an arylcyclohexylamine with the sulfur bearing 4-Thiane ring as opposed to the cyclohexane ring, was interesting. In psychoactive molecules, R-bonded oxygen can often be exchanged for a sulfur and retain activity, so it stands that an 4-Oxane ring would show similar activity.

Like PThP, POxP would not be an arylcyclohexylamine. Where PThP is an Arylthianylamine, POxP would be an Aryloxanylamine. Traditionally, with the arylcyclohexylamines, fundamental changes to the 6-carbon cyclohexane ring see a steep drop in activity- using a 5-carbon cyclopentane or 7-carbon cycloheptane ring makes a compound which is wholly inactive. However, its seems that swapping some of those carbons out for oxygen or sulfur is also tolerated- though there is a stark drop in activity, they certainly are still active to an appreciable degree. It seems that maintaining the approximate shape of the six member ring is key to conserving dissociative properties.

I first began to titrate doses up from .5 mg. I would later discover this is quite far off the mark! Pushing doses higher and higher, I would eventually only experience threshold effects at a dose of 150 mg orally. It did not appear to be active intranasally up to at least 100 mg, though I have not tried doses higher than that. Because the dose is so high I eventually ran out of my tester sample, and would have to wait several months for a new sample to arrive. When it had finally arrived, I immediately shot for a fairly high dose- 350 mg. This yielded an fascinating experience that perhaps shows interesting promise for this compound- underlying a brief but heavy and still dissociative experience was a stimulating empathogenic undercurrent, reminiscent of a cathinone and replete with all the social delight and euphoric energy of that class of compound. I think compounds with the oxane ring replacing the cyclohexane are definitely worth investigating further, perhaps modulated by substitutions or structural changes that may increase their potency or duration. An N-ethyl POxE for example, may by interesting. As would a structure with a 3-methyl substitution, or one with a thiophene instead of a phenyl ring.

The following report details an experience with 350 mg taken orally.

T0:00-Dose taken

 

T0:30- Onset, feleing a bit soft and Dizzy, like I am a floppy stuffed animal.

 

T1:00- Dissociation and dizziness builds. The stuffed animal grows ever softer and ever floppier.

 

T1:05- It suddenly hits like a tsunami, washing over me and disorienting me. I am taken aback by the sudden steep increase in effects. It literally hid mid-sentence. I was watching my fiancé play Katamari Damacy on our PS2 and was remarking on something when I just trailed off, whatever I was saying completely lost in my newfound mental state. The predominant feature of this dissociation is dizziness and softness. No rush, no stimulation, not much sense of motion or weight, just soft and dizzy. It is pleasant and relaxing and gentle; it is that feeling of immersion into a still pool despite the sudden spike in intensity. I feel as though I may be levitating. I am a little bit nauseous, though it feels like it may be along the lines of a dizzy motion sickness than some reaction to the chemical itself. The couch has become a boat floating about on air currents.

The headspace is neutral, not much in the way of emotional or perceptual changes beyond what is immediately happening in my body. I don’t feel manic or sociable, just neutral, content to continue as I was doing, minding my own business and occasionally chatting with my fiancé. My mind is lucid and I am still able to process and articulate thoughts as I normally would. There are no issues with maintaining conversation.

 

T1:10- It builds exponentially, a rising weight heaving through me. I feel heavy, so much heavier, this has passed into the realm of the great dense syrupy sinking dissociation. There is a great deal of euphoria and comfort lurking about here, I feel extremely content to be right here, in this moment. I am chatty and bubbly, there is a social warmth among the heavy dizzy dissociation. Not a manic stimulated warmth, but something akin to the bubbles rising up to the surface of water that has just begun to boil. I am certainly reaching a rapid boil now.

It builds and builds and it becomes harder to think or speak, there is just so much of the experience to engage with. Not much in the way of visual or sensory effects, but any attempts at moving or walking make it deeply apparent how heavily dissociated I am.

Another curious effect begins to creep in at this point- I am swallowing more, my heart flutters, my fingertips are stimming and grabbing at things, and above all else, I am just awash with a fiery explosion of pure euphoria- The dizzying fog is cut through with a galleon of empathogenic effects, bright flares setting my neurons alight. I am suddenly very talkative and gushy, easily treading past the normal dissociative inhibitions to socializing. I just do not care, I want to talk, to love, to be friendly. I am jittery and jumpy, but oddly enough there still isn’t much of a sense of underlying stimulation. It is as though I am presenting the outward façade of an empathogen without the underlying systemic effects. Very curious. I am excited and short of breath. The edges of my vision flash in pale magenta and teal.

 

T1:20- Anything that gives me empathogenic effects will normally leave me tense, strung, and shaky, but not this. I am just melted on the couch, adrift in my dizzy dissociation, a pool of dense oil sloshing and dripping as the world turns. A rainbow sheen of energetic euphoria traces across the surface of this oil, not penetrating any deeper into it. I am alert but not stimulated. I definitely could not sleep right now. I am dissociated and content with it and all of its implications. My heart and brain feel flighty like a bird flitting through the warmth of sunbeams. There is visual static washing over everything I can see, multicolored visual snow, at times trying to form itself into vague amorphous patterns but ultimately failing and collapsing under their own instability and half-formedness. I close my eyes to try and immerse in that visual space, but I am greeted with little more than concentric ripples in dull colors. Not much to say, it is as if the drug wants me to open my eyes and engage with the waking world. I want to talk to people and be social but I cannot yet publicly talk about this compound so I keep it to myself. No matter what happens though, I am blissful and content.

 

T1:46- Effects have held the same pattern for a steady peak. Not many differences to note, I am playing video games on my laptop while my fiancé still plays other video games in the same room. It is a comfortable coexistence and this is particularly highlighted by a drug that emphasizes contentedness, peace and tranquility with ones current conditions. I am feeling great, I am numb at my extremities and it is like a gentle wind blows across me. The sense of dizziness and floppiness seems to well through me in waves. A vast deep-sea upwelling that tangles my proprioception with each pass. My limbs slowly settle back into place just as another wave hits and scrambles them again. The gentle lapping tides of a moonlit night. I am still a bit nauseous but nothing too concerning or annoying. This is not a dissociative for getting up and doing things. I am glued to the couch. Despite the energetic euphoria, nothing overcomes the floppy weight of this drug. Perhaps I could get up and dance if someone forced me but I am content to just lay here and think pleasant thoughts.

 

T2:06- The experience begins to recede a bit- a brief but exciting peak. I am mostly just feeling alert and distractable. There is clearly a physical dissociation and numbness still trailing through my limbs, but the headspace has remained lucid throughout. Beyond the generated euphoria and the dissociative afterglow, I am perfectly functional. I lie back and enjoy the ride. I am distractible and keenly interested in whatever grabs ahold of me, like being very stoned.

 

T2:20 – Trickling down more. The empathogenic effects have for the most part passed, there is no stimulated interest in anything. Just a lingering sense of dizziness and dissociation.

 

T3:00- Completely back to baseline.

 

Conclusion: POxP is a really exciting development in the world of dissociatives- that immutable cyclohexane ring in the arylcyclohexylamine is now quite mutable, though it doesn’t really yield potent compounds. It will just barely tolerate another atom in the ring, so long as it remains six members.  This is seen in POxP and PThP. PThP is fairly boring- doses high, short duration, not a particularly intense or interesting experience. POxP is something a little more special though- though it is even less potent and shorter acting than PThP, there is this fascinating empathogenic rush, a delightful serotonergic euphoria. There is still an edge of dissociative intensity lurking there too, though the dissociation itself is fairly nondescript. I only tried this one orally, so I am not sure if different effects would be found with other routes of administration, perhaps intranasal or vaporized.
I have no idea to what it owes these seeming serotonergic effects, or if that was even just some weird fluke for me. I have not heard of anybody else’s experience with this compound so I cannot have this corroborated. It is definitely something worth investigating further- though I do wonder if it is a compound that lends itself to compulsive redosing- the short duration coupled with the intense euphoria. Perhaps someday it will exist in the world in someday to learn more about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment