antlion

Saturday, August 31, 2024

3,4-MD-PCiPr

Age: 29

Weight: 140 lbs

Dosage: 28 mg intransal

Setting: At home, a hot summer day, after running a bunch of errands.

 [As I have a bit of a tolerance this dose may be high for most users. I would suggest a starting dose as 20-25 mg]

Preface: 3,4-MD-substitutions on aryclcyclohexylamines- the amateur SAR enthusiast sees this and thinks “wow, just like MDMA!”, but structure activity relations between different scaffolds are entirely different. Any apparent resemblance to MDMA is mere coincidence, the substitution offers nothing similar in its actions. Think of it as an example of convergent evolution- Several different clades of mammal developed gliding behavior and anatomy independently (Rodents, Marsupials, Dermoptera), several different scaffolds of psyhocative compounds bind to different human neurotransmitter receptors with a 3,4-Methylenedioxy group and retain psychoactive activity. A cosmic coincidence.

Should there be any doubt to the identity of this substance, I can provide characterization via GCMS, 2D-NMR, HRMS, melting point, and purity via LCMS.

The only 3,4-MD-substituted compound that has been documented is 3,4-MD-PCP, a unique, powerful and fascinating drug, hard to describe, immensely therapeutic but very liable to get out of hand of not treated carefully- I find those unforgiving, high risk, high reward qualities present in this compound too.

Across my multitude of experiences I have found this compound to truly be a wild ride, unpredictable, capricious, ready to present gardens of delight laden with thorns. On multiple occasions (and often when mixed with other dissociatives, namely 2-FXE) I have found myself in a state of acute paranoia about friends, social circumstances; At one point I was driven to sleep with a large fixed blade knife under my pillow- But that is the rough edges of the beauty that this compound presents- the National Parks kill hundreds of unwary travelers every year but no one would doubt their sacrifices are worth it.

The danger lies in this compound’s deep seated mania, a dangerous kind where it is subtle yet all consuming, a vicious conspiracy building webs in the background of my mind, mycelium ready to explode into prismatic fungal bodies with the right trigger. It is stimulating, it is bright, it is powerfully euphoric and rewarding. It is profound and energetic, it is wonderful for dancing with friends or walking the streets riffing and joking. It is luscious and beautiful on its own in a quiet place alone- like its cousin 3,4-MD-PCP, it is adaptable, hard to pin down, all consuming and all transforming. I chose to integrate this experience into a basic day of doing chores and performing the necessities for my life. This drug makes me feel like I am the main character, moreso than any over I’ve taken; for better or for worse.

 

T0:00- Dose snorted. The powder is very fluffy. There is a mild instant shock of a followed by a slow, progressive, and severe burn. It fluffs into the sinuses and covers everything. Fairly unpleasant.

 

T0:10- Onset, feeling a little fuzzy and lightheaded. I am doing some house chores, putting groceries away and washing dishes. I can feel that my movements are different than normal.

 

T0:20- It comes on  slowly and gradually, though it is now markedly more intense than 10 minutes ago. a numbness extends to my extremities.

 

T0:30- It begins to crash over the breakers now. I am soon aloft with pulses of energy radiating from my spine, electric blue fire. It feels like there is a heavy weight floating around my core, pulling strings from my brain, tensing and binding my entire body. My heart rate suddenly quickens as a delightful rush washes over me, tingling numbness and sparks of energy. It is not in my face, it feels like it creeps in from the back, a little doggy door on my occipital bone. The electricity shoots into my eyes, it crawls across my bones and face, it is like a cold fire. I am elated, I am messaging people; visually, there is a meteor shower of purple static all over every blank surface. It am full of light.

 

T0:40- There is a sensation of being stretched out in a most comfortable and pleasurable way that sends tingles down my nerves. My stretched body is tanned in blades of piercing tingling light. My jaw is vibrating. I get up and dance to send off some of the excess energy, momentum sloshes through my limbs like a grey storm.

 

T1:00- The rush has begun to smooth out into a heavy disjointed peak, it feels like I am on a boat at high speeds, bouncing on the waves, but smooth, steady, and consistent. A steady breeze rushes my face. The sensory experiences are centered around my head and face, my body is just a neon ragdoll dragged along for the ride.

 

T1:15- This is a subtle heaviness with a lot of buzz, I feel bright and euphoric and social, I want to get up and do things. I am just in my room, which is a beautiful sanctuary space. I am content to be here but there is just such a big almost sentient dissociation pushing at my back and prodding me to interact with it. I continue to do some tidying around the house. The whole world spins blue around my solipsistic core. I step into the backyard and smoke some cannabis in the oppressive late summer heat. It feels like a jungle and mosquitos pester my ankles. The sky feels like a projection, the big cherry blossom tree a set piece, all accessories to what has become a very centered and narcissistic experience- I am a gravity well and as I am on this drug, the energies of the earth radiate to me! It feels good to be a god.

 

T1:30- I am back inside. It is heavy, like big jungle leaves overlapping and leaning over each other. I am thoroughly incapacitated. I am flung onto my couch. I could still move about and interact, but everything is taxed with weight and extra momentum. I can perform the outward functions of myself, and I recognize that I am performing those functions. It is a bizarre meta-analysis.

My spouse has come home from running errands. I am excitable and articulate, I want to talk about possibilities and plans, interesting tidbits of knowledge, I am energized. I can pull together and present something to the outside still. I love this variance, that in one moment I can be in the thralls of sludgy dissociative waves, hardly able to brick together a sentence- but at will I can talk and converse, disjointed but energetic and smooth and annoyingly enthusiastic.

I lounge back on the couch and gaze at the ceiling- endless lamellary patterns, flowing, drifting, overlapping, Clusters of concentric ripples choose to play among these forms, driving and writhing through their forms like creeping bottlebrush trees. It Is all in violet and blue. There are draperies of chains, ever layering, ever overlapping. A grand world issuing forth from the scales of a Pangolin. All is moving and flowing, On narrow and straight and right angled surfaces the forms compress into regular patterns, turning to a type of glyphs, temple decorations of my blissful sanctuary. Great transparent worms of cellophane work between the patterns, radiating forms blossom at each disturbance.

I feel like I am made of syrup, I am flopping about on the couch, letting my body sit how it will. I can snap out of it, stand up, do things in an ungainly manner, but my default state is to be disjointed, to feel my limbs in places I cannot imagine them. Tingling energy runs across my body. Bright, fiery and high- I really truly fell like I can do anything. I send out a proposal email to graduate school at the onset of this. The world is opening up, Inshallah.

When I sit still I vibrate, I am buzzing, I am like a wind up toy ready to go! But there is no urgency there, there is no tension, I could shoot off across the universe with the blink of an eye, but the energy is also content to sit and run infinite laps through my nervous system with no sign of tiring or desiring otherwise. How incredible it feels to have potential power.

I close my eyes and turn on Knifeplay, dreamy shoegaze, fuzzy and languid underlaid with cutting electric nerves, there felt a sort of kinship.

Despite the energy running about like an excited dog, I have elected to just sit still, let it wrestle, let it rumble. I close my eyes and let the music crawl over me, I feel cold sweaty, I feel so far away from everything. The music hits like deep violet droplets, pooling around me with a lacquer shine that reflects the moon. Amidst the baseline of the pools series of rectangular forms, inscrutable glyphs, concentric arrays of forms, roam past me, I lazily acknowledge their presence and let them drift off to the glittering abyss.

T2:00- I have sunken to the experience’s languid chambers for the last half hour, surrendering myself to its sensory qualities. It still rages like a thunderhead anchored to my skull. I sit up, I stop flopping around. I decide on an activity.

I recently traveled to the coast of New England where I collected a variety of specimens of the colonial animals known as Bryozoans-epiphytes latched to seaweed in alcohol. Bryozoans have a lifestyle convergently similar to coral- tentacled polyps feeding from protected cases built from proteins or minerals, bound to their kin for survival.

I spent the next hour or so observing these organisms under the microscope. I still had enough motor function to operate the focus knobs.

I preserved them in alcohol and was elated to see that this preserved their soft bodies outside of their protective tests- it builds into a dizzying self-aggrandizing fantasy of documenting these beautiful creatures for some purpose of social capital; to show my friends that I have this unique knowledge of this obscure clade of animal, that I have the perception to see what they don’t, to bring it home and observe it in a way they can’t- I imagine myself as a performer, an intellectual influence, a sharer of knowledge. But it’s just posting on Instagram ultimately, it really isn’t that deep, no one is paying regard beyond their aimless scrolling. I am just a nerd posting on social media, but the elated mania drives everything to profound significance. I am a future naturalist influencer, I am going to work my way into the backdoor of zoological academia in the way I did for pharmacology and chemistry-it feels great to be boastful and confident, it feels great to recognize it as narcissistic delusion and to just not care, to just let it flow, to just let the drug take the reins. I am an arrogant upstart, but one who may at least get things done rather than my usual wallowing in self-pity. It’s all going to be ok! In vicious fashion.

I look through the microscope and see worlds and worlds of microorganisms, flash killed by isopropyl alcohol, frozen in their last moments, often with tentacles extended, tense, in a panic, beseeching the gods of the tides for planktonic morsels that would never come. It is dizzyingly beautiful and gratifying. I am washed with radiating fans of euphoria at the grandiose diversity of our world. Loud and fast and great.

My face feels entirely numb. My teeth are vibrating. My entire body feels like a tangled mass of tendrils blowing in a storm, anchored on my vibrating eyes gazing down the optics of the microscope. Currents move around me, tickle and nudge the tendrils about like a buffets of furious wind through fields of rye. When my mind doesn’t drift into fantasies I am completely present, mindful, my head is empty and I am purely engaged with what is in front of me. Perhaps a sort of dissociative Zen. I vacillate between looking through the microscope and lying on my couch, Knifeplay still tip-tapping its way along my nerves like a millipede. My mind is curious and prone to wander. I don’t know what exactly to do, to interact with. Thoughts race by like stock tickers. The whole world feels as though it is vibrating. When I close my eyes I see infinite streams and masses of regular forms moving in order like an assembly line, chaotic fiery, energetic, but at its core- everything in its place.

 

T2:20- I’m amazed at how immersed I was able to become in the task of microscopy. Half an hour passes like nothing as I am engrossed. It feels like the world has blurred and swirled around me, another moment of singular solipsistic might. I had the mandate of heaven to sit in a chair and look at tiny invertebrates.

I feel it physically. I am slow to react, clumsy and unsure of how to manage my momentum. My face and body are numb. I feel like I am a series of cubes flowing to meet the general form of my body. Sounds around me reverberate and pitch in different direction and scatter into the ambient background noise. An organized musical cacophony among the chaos of a wily and volatile experience. There is a sense of psychedelia in the thoughts, in undue significance appended to every word, every spot of beauty, everything I see in the news. It is familiar but quite different.

 

T2:30- I am playing Dynasty Warriors 3 on the Playstation 2 to pass the time. I feel unable to hold much of a conversation at this point, my brain is fried and steady. My spouse comes down to hang out with me for a bit and watch my play games, we make small talk. The act of speaking feels like a delight, but the constant motion of the experience makes it hard to focus on a conversation and feed into it reciprocally. I feel like I am sitting next to myself.

 

T3:00- The experience holds steady for a bit now, the most intense washes of the peak have turned dull, my baseline is all sorts of shifted but is comfortable and stable. I don’t feel like I have my motor control fully about me. I am now into the phase where I am falling into Wikipedia holes, reading information, passing time by reading more and more. It smolders very hot in my skull. I want to read everything.

 

T3:15- I start preparing dinner. I am making Plov, the Uzbek variation of Pilaf, with marinated fried mushrooms substituted for meat (I am vegetarian). It feels incredible to have a task before me. I am extra wary of the knife as my motor faculties have not fully returned. I lock into the task, running as an efficient and perfect automaton carrying out each action exactly as it is needed- or so I felt to myself. It feels so wonderful to create something. I check my spice blends carefully.

 

T3:30- I am still cooking, it takes a long time. The elated mania makes me feel like an artist, or some fancy chef, when in reality I am experimenting with a new recipe that I am absolutely liable to butcher. I flit around the kitchen listening to The Roots, picking out my various spices, immersed in a fantasy of cooking for a nomadic steppe warrior (whom is inexplicably vegetarian); a playful, childish rush of imagination joins the whipping storm of all sorts of intense and sentimental emotions drawn out by this drug, it is all burning with energy, the flames dancing wildly among each other, cackling and crackling like seeing a first campfire and being mesmerized by the flames. I wish I could run outside, pick up a stick, play to my imagination and vanquish imaginary foes. This would not play well in a populated city at the ripe old age of 29. There is a distinct downturn at this point, I am certainly in the comedown. The brightest edges of its flares have receded, the thrashing torrents are lapping waves. It is slow and gradual but I feel like pieces of myself are falling back into place.

 

T4:30- The rice is simmering. I have been sitting chatting with people online. I still feel a fairly intense glow, the fire is still warm and bright, just no longer raging. There is a baseline of excited mania now, I’m very talkative, everything seems significant and important. It feels good to flit around the kitchen and clean and cook. The discoordination that had ruled before has now given way to what felt like a perfect proprioception- an exact sense of how my limbs moved, where they were, how much tension was in my movements and how much momentum to compensate for each move. I feel sensitive to emotions and subtle cues in body language and tone like I am on psychedelics. The smell of the steam from the spiced rice creates synesthetic sparkles and confetti, the billowing steam is heavenly fragrant.

 

T5:30- Eating dinner- I normally don’t have much appetite when I take dissociatives but I actually did feel pangs of hunger on the peak of this one. It feels good to fill my stomach with warm food. I very quickly eat a lot. The meal turned out to be delicious and my spouse made a wonderful chickpea cucumber salad to accompany it.  

 

T6:30- The intensity comes and goes in waves. There is a steady baseline of mania but there are occasional upwellings of physical dissociation and dizziness. Everything feels important, everything I do feels important, everything I do feels urgent and correct. I am just sitting in a chair reading stuff on my computer, but it feels like what I must do right now. I am still quite stimulated, and there is still a bit of numbness in my limbs, but the waves of dissociation mostly pulse through my core and my face.

 

T7:00- Mostly down. No more physical dissociation presents, just a general sense of lightheaded and dizzy mania that still lingers.

 

T9:00- Pretty much back to baseline, but there is a lingering excited mania.

 

T10:00- Feel fully back to baseline.

 

Epilogue- The next day I felt a bit lightheaded and dizzy throughout the day, with a continuing afterglow of mental dissociation. This one seems to have a very long tail end, though this state in now way interfered with my functionality. It was a subtle focused hypomania with a touch of vertigo.

Conclusion: This is an incredibly bright and manic drug, It can travel far off-base, it can adapt to any situation, it is variable and customizable and pumping with manic euphoria. It can become arrogant, annoying, overloaded, paranoid and maddening. Life moves fast and hits hard when one is convinced their every thought is intensely correct. There are intense noticeable visuals, rippling as layers upon each other in cool colors. It is brightly social, though mania can also be a problem in social settings. It is a heavy floppy dissociative. It is a wild beast and hard to tame. It is something that should not be taken lightly.

No comments:

Post a Comment